- Trim the wick at least 1/4 inch prior lighting the candle. This will ensure a clean burning without the soot.
- Avoid drafts, air currents or vents. This will help prevent excessive/uneven burning. Burn the candle for at least 3 hours at a time. This will allow your candle to burn evenly without building much of the wax along the vessel.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended, even while you're sleeping. Be sure to extinguish the candle first before leaving the room or going to bed.
- Avoid lighting the candle near surfaces that could catch fire. Keep burning candles away from curtains, drapes, books, bedding, furniture, carpets, flammable objects, etc.
- Keep candles out of reach of children and pets. Do not place burning candles where they can be knocked over by children, pets or anyone else.
- If available, use a candle snuffer to extinguish a candle, as it's the safest way to prevent hot wax from splattering.
- Do not use water to extinguish a candle. This can cause the hot wax to splatter.
- After you extinguish a candle, make sure your candle is completely out and there is no glow coming from the wick ember.
- Do not move or touch the candle until it has completely cooled.